Sunday, June 29, 2014

Culture of Learning.

The title of this program is good - Creating a Culture of Learning from the Inside Out, but it's not delivering, in my humble opinion.  I think it's overly simplistic.  The speakers are very unfamiliar with their own PPT and are very reliant on their notes.  I was hoping to hear ideas and strategies that other libraries are using to be innovative, creative, and creating that culture of learning. I think we are going in the right direction but there is always room for improvement. This appears to be two people who have heard about this concept of culture of learning, did some research on The Google, came up with the top 7 things you need to to have in place to make that culture of learning happen and they are presenting them. I don't get a sense that they have done a lot of it.  The areas you need in place to have this culture are:
Engagement.  Curiosity. Openness.  Innovation.  Creativity.  Collaboration.  Enthusiasm.  Sharing.  

They are talking about sharing ideas and how important that is. Yeah, no kidding. Luckily the guy from Pittsburgh PL seems to be trying some new things and has a few ideas to share, but the female speaker is very simplistic. I don't think she has any content or practical experience for this presentation.  Maybe she does, but she isn't presenting anything tangible.  

Every other slide of their PPT has chickens or eggs on it.  Don't understand the connection. 

Good news - lunch is next.  

MP

No comments:

Post a Comment